Every household should pack a Go Bag — a collection of items you may need in the event of an evacuation. A Go Bag should be packed in a sturdy, easy-to-carry container such as a backpack or suitcase on wheels. A Go Bag should be easily accessible if you have to leave your home in a hurry. Make sure it is ready to go at all times of the year.
- Bottled water and non-perishable food such as energy or granola bars
- Battery-operated AM/FM radio and extra batteries
- Keep a list of the medications each member of your household takes, why they take them, and their dosages. Medication information and other essential personal items. If you store extra medication in your Go Bag, be sure to refill it before it expires.
- First-aid kit
- Contact and meeting place information for your household, and a small regional map
- Child care supplies or other special care items